Piping and Drumming
Band Registration is now closed. We apologize for not accepting anymore entries but we have reached a point where there are more bands completing than we have alloted time for. We look forward to seeing you at next years games, November 5th, 2022!
Scroll Down to Register
Southern USA Grade 3 Pipe Band Championship – M/S/R set
1st – $3000 2nd – $2000 3rd – $1000
Grade Three Prize Awards are sponsored by the Clan Donald Land Trust.
To be eligible for prize money, bands must have completed registration and be a member in the EUSPBA or their home association, prior to May 15, 2021
Grade 4 – Medley set
1st – $500 2nd – $400 3rd – $300 Drum Corps – $50
Grade 5 – March set
1st – $400 2nd – $300 3rd – $200 Drum Corps – $50
Band Competition Rules:
- All events shall be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association (EUSPBA).
- Order of play for all Band events will be drawn in advance and posted by Monday, October 31 on the games website and emailed to each participating band.
- Each band must have a representative present at the Pipe Band meeting to be held at 10:00am at the Piping/Drumming registration tent.
- All bands must participate in both massed band events to receive the participation fee.
- All trophies shall be awarded at the final massed band. All winners shall be attired in appropriate highland dress in to receive awards.
- No medals may be worn during any competition.
- A roster of band members who will be competing and/or participating in Mass Bands Ceremonies MUST be included to be eligible for gate tickets. Tickets are for Playing Members only. Do not list your entire roster as attending. Tickets will be mailed two weeks prior to the games. Total tickets requested will be reduced by the number of solo competition entries received from the band members.
- Decisions by the Directors, Judges, Stewards, and Monitors are final.
- Competition is subject to delay or complete cancelation due to weather on the day of the event.
*Charleston Scottish Games reserves the right to limit entries in any event based on available time to complete the event. Any band that is disallowed shall be notified no later than 3 weeks before the event or at the earliest opportunity.
Massed Bands Participation: In lieu of travel assistance, bands will be compensated for their participation in Massed Bands and receive a fee of $250. To be eligible for compensation, bands must indicate they plan to participate in both massed band events and send a representative to the Pipe Band meeting.
The participant(s) recognize(s) that participation in the Charleston Scottish Games and Highland Gathering (Charleston Scottish Games) involves a risk of physical injury including that caused by the negligence of the Participant(s), Charleston Scottish Games, Scottish Society of Charleston, or River Front Park. By submitting the following registration form, the participant(s) voluntarily releases., waives and relinquishes any and current or future claims against the Charleston Scottish Games, Scottish Society of Charleston, or River Front Park, City of North Charleston for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to the participant(s) arising out of participation in the Games, and agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Charleston Scottish Games, Scottish Society of Charleston, or River Front Park, City of North Charleston from any claim against it for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death to the Participant(s), to the extent allowed by law.
Submission of the registration form by the participant(s) also permits the Charleston Scottish Games or its sponsors to use the name or photograph of the band(s) participating in the Games for future promotional or publicity purposes, without obligation, compensation or notification to the organization(s).